8.22.2011

:: our neck of the woods


Hello friends, I have been totally awol in the last week. I've tried and tried to get here to visit but it just hasn't seemed to work out. Even now I really should be doing something else. The summer is coming to a close here, and we have our first school open house tonight. I can't believe school starts in a couple of days. This time is always a little stressful for me because I feel a great need to get everything in order around my home in preparation for the first day of school. Does anyone else feel like me? I really don't want to start things out on a chaotic note....that just wouldn't be fair to the kids or me {right?.}. The truth of the matter is that it will be much easier to tackle all of my projects when it's just me in the house again, so I may just have to smooth things over until I can really get in and tackle my list of to do's. For heaven's sake, I still have mountains of laundry to do...some of it from our vacation...how bad is that?.

Well anyway, I thought I would snap a few pics of my home this week to share with you. If you are like me you love to see what other people do with their homes. For me personally I'm finally feeling comfortable enough with my home to really share it....the good...the bad....and the ugly. I'm trying to embrace my own style and realize that my home doesn't have to look perfect, or follow the current trends, my home is a place for me and my family and we are the ones who must love it. That said, my style and taste is always evolving, my house may stay the same in big ways, but I love make small changes whenever I can. It's the small inexpensive changes that keep me from getting completely bored. The photo above is what's on my coffee table in our library/family room right now. I'll share more glimpses throughout the week, so I hope you'll come back to visit our neck of the woods.

Hope you are having a wonderful week : )

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to believe school is just around the corner. My children are finished with school, but now I have 3 little grandsons in school.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your home.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Gnome book too. It was given to me many years ago (along with the sequel). Both are delightful.

    Pleasure to stumble here and browse your site.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...